Michael: You have been involved in #VizForSocialGood. Your dataviz profiling homelessness in London is very powerful. Can you tell my readers how you became involved in this and how others can join and help this wonderful cause?
Sarah: Sure. #VizForSocialGood is a project I am particularly passionate about. Chloe Tseng officially launched Viz For Social Good in January 2017 but before this, in November 2016 I published a viz on suicides in UK prisons. Chloe noticed my viz on Twitter and ended up featuring it on her brand-new website before Viz For Social Good was even a thing! Since then I have participated in many Viz For Social Good projects for causes including the UN Social Development Goals, the Central Asia Institute, UNICEF and Papa Baiden (Tomorrow Today); the viz on homelessness in England. This project was of particular interest to me as it focuses on an issue I witness on a daily basis in London. Papa Baiden is doing some excellent work to help draw attention to the issue of homelessness in the country and it’s been great to see how the vizzes submitted for this project have been put to good use.
It couldn’t be easier to get involved. Simply sign up as a volunteer at www.vizforsocialgood.com and you’ll receive an email when a new project is launched.
Latest Posts By Michael
- 01.16.20Tableau Community Spotlight: An Interview with Michelle Frayman
- 01.07.20Tableau Community Spotlight: An Interview with Sarah Burnett
- 01.04.20Tableau Community Spotlight: An Interview with Mahfooj Khan
- 12.30.19#MakeOverMonday 2019.53 – 2019 MakeoverMonday Dataset Downloads
- 12.28.19#MakeOverMonday 2019.52 – Christmas 2019 Spending