December 4, 2014 — Michael
1. This 1973 lingerie store catalogue tells it like it is.
2. These Asthma Cigarettes are not recommended for children under six.
3. This ad, from Life magazine, 1956, promotes clothes for “chubby girls”.
4. This extreme vision of a bad hair day is from Charles Antell, a hair products manufacturer.
5. This anti-malaria medicine which also makes you fat hails from late 19th-century America.
6. This 1970s men’s clothing brand offered 23 ways to avoid getting married.
7. Cocaine for children? What could possibly go wrong?
8. This Marlboro ad uses cute babies to advertise cigarettes, because why not?
9. Having trouble parenting? TRY SOME BEER.
And my favorite:
10. If you’re Lucky Strike though, you go for Santa Claus.